I’ve decided to begin writing a book.
As I mentioned, I was sort of bullied in high school and teased because I was viewed as “innocent.” And if you remember anything about high school, it’s not cool to be innocent or naive at that age. That innocence and curiosity has been questioned on a number of occasions, and people have thought it is an act and that I was playing dumb for attention. It really affected the way I viewed myself, and it’s taken a long time for me to be okay with who I am.
So I want to help other girls.
I’m beginning the journey of writing a book on this topic, for girls who are like me. I want them to know it’s okay to be that way, it’s okay to question, it’s okay to not fit in. I want them to know they are not alone and that they will come into their own. They will survive and they will flourish.
But to begin, I need your help. I have a few questions that I would love your input on. You are welcome to comment below or email me, whichever you are most comfortable with: email@example.com
- What advice would the current you give to high school you?
- What is one thing you wish you would have known in high school?
- Were you teased in high school? Why? And how did that affect you?
- Have you grown in your faith since high school? How?
- How has God moved in your life since?
- What do you think high school girls need to know that maybe they don’t?
- Any other comments.
I love the community in the blogging world, and I hope you are willing to share just a bit of your story so we can help others.